HOW IT WORKS
- Hunger Lunch is a simple but delicious meal of rice, beans, and cornbread; representative of a typical meal for many in developing countries.
- The meal raises awareness for extreme poverty by educating and encouraging social responsibility in participants.
- Hunger Lunch has become a national movement, taking place on college campuses across the country and in businesses, homes, congregations, and civic groups.
- Hunger Lunch benefits businesses and organizations that want to make a lasting impact on extreme poverty and increase their community presence.
- How is Hunger Lunch Funded? Attendees or the Organization Hosting pays $10/ head for the cost of food.
INTERESTED IN HOSTING?
- Hosting a Hunger Lunch is easy – Nourish does the work for you! Just contact Madi Smith at [email protected] 919.338.2599.
Nourish continues to grow, and as a movement, we rely on the support of individuals like you, who care deeply about our work and our mission.
For more information on hosting, please visit Host a Hunger Lunch under Students or Institutions in the Get Involved tab. If you are interested in hosting a Hunger Lunch or dinner and supporting Nourish’s work in a fun and creative way, please email info_at_nourish.org for more information. We provide you with advertising and support in how to run the event – although we all know y’all are pros at this!